• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Renegade flintlock 50 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koz

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I was helping a friend clear out a family members house who had passed. We found two T/C Renegade rifles in 50 cal. both are in great shape. What are these worth? What loads would you recommend. I replaced the flints and they spark nice and bright! I attempted to find owners manual on line with no luck. We paid 300.00 each.

Thanks Koz

The flintlocks sell for a little more than the cap locks, if your guns are pristine $400-$450 is a good price.

TCs with shallow rifling like around 75 gr of 2F for round ball shooting, some like more, some like less, lots of people shoot 3F in their TCs. People often go way up on this load for conicals. As for ball size, I have found TC barrels vary, I have a .50 that I can't drive a .495 ball down the bore with a hammer but it loads and shoots a .490 ball just fine. I have had other .50 TCs that loaded a .495 ball easily.

To find out what your rifle likes you have to experiment.

The flintlocks sell for a little more than the cap locks, if your guns are pristine $400-$450 is a good price.

TCs with shallow rifling like around 75 gr of 2F for round ball shooting, some like more, some like less, lots of people shoot 3F in their TCs. People often go way up on this load for conicals. As for ball size, I have found TC barrels vary, I have a .50 that I can't drive a .495 ball down the bore with a hammer but it loads and shoots a .490 ball just fine. I have had other .50 TCs that loaded a .495 ball easily.

To find out what your rifle likes you have to experiment.
thanks heading to range tomorrow! I will report back.

Latest posts

Back