• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Sight Mount Screws

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was at the range this morning with my .54 Renegade. After a few shots I noticed that my rear sight was loose. I knew I didn't have the tools with me to fix the prob;em so I packed up and headed home. Upon removing the sight leaf, I immediately saw the problem - the front mounting screw had split, most of the head was lying loose in the body of the sight. I was a machinist for a good portion of my life, so I wasn't too awful concerned about getting that booger out, but I am grateful that the screw was loose in the threads and it came out without too many cuss words.

Now, where to find the replacement screw? First off, can someone tell me what the thread pitch is on these tiny little goobers? Knowing that, I can probably find a machine screw at one of the industrial supplies like McMaster-Carr or MSC. I can shorten it if it's too long.

Back