• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Take-Down Ramrod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannonball1

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I want to make a take-down ramrod from brass ends with 7/16" wooden hickory dowel every 6". The brass connectors would have a 10X32 threads. The over length will be around 32" plus the handle. I have the hickory ramrod blank and TOW has the ends for $2.99 each X 10 and would cost $30.00, Is there a better way to make one or purchase one already made?

I have an aluminum 3-piece one of 12” lengths, w/ T-Handle, that’s slick, but forget where I got it, maybe RMC products. Log Cabin Shop sells a brass 3-piece one, IIRC. Midway sells a CVA 3-piece one, that’s $38.

Even with a few connections, never mind the 10 !!!!! that you would have, definitely use a brass muzzle protector.

EDIT - Who knew? He is an archery company selling a 3-piece brass takedown one for $26!

https://www.3riversarchery.com/three-piece-ramrod-with-handle.html

IMG_1446.jpeg

I have that exact ramrod and yes I did put plastic guard on it, but it is a little long for my purposes. I wanted each section at 6 or 7 inches with the overall length about 32 inches long. I may have to make one with wood and TOW ends. A lot of times other people have better/simpler ideas.

I have that exact ramrod and yes I did put plastic guard on it, but it is a little long for my purposes. I wanted each section at 6 or 7 inches with the overall length about 32 inches long. I may have to make one with wood and TOW ends. A lot of times other people have better/simpler ideas.
That is way to many ram rod ends. You really don't want them anyway because the tip is cupped. You just want some flat ends. But that many connections is a recipe for problems. Shot gun rod. I make an adapter from a 5/16 -27 shotgun thread to a 10/32 or 8/32 working thd. I am shore others do as well

Back