• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Training beagles...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger

50 Cal.
Reaction score
For Massachusetts

It looks like I can train my beagle off leash at a wma here but...

It doesn't come right out and say that either from what I've found and there isn't much there so here goes.

You need a hunting license..

If using birds you need permit for those to have..

Pick up poop..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_085511_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_085511_Chrome.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240907_090922_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_090922_Chrome.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
And some forum post i found said this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_090513_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_090513_Chrome~2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
Found more.. Google response on that search.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_092200_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_092200_Google.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 0
These rules law regulations etc.

Other than asking a lawer that specializes in beagle. Lol

The forum response on some beagle hunting forum.. say one thing. 365 days a year..

But Google just pulled up September to March.

Lol you know.. it's not funny but.

Watch.. I'll go tomorrow.

Game Warden going to show up to tell me anyday except Sunday

For Massachusetts

It looks like I can train my beagle off leash at a wma here but...

It doesn't come right out and say that either from what I've found and there isn't much there so here goes.

You need a hunting license..

If using birds you need permit for those to have..

Pick up poop..
First of all move. Get out of MA.

Next find a buddy with trained working beagles. Hunting with his dogs will teach yours more than you ever could.

First of all move. Get out of MA.

Next find a buddy with trained working beagles. Hunting with his dogs will teach yours more than you ever could.
Beagles need to run solo or with one other old steady dog that want run off game to learn and develop confidence .Running a young dog in a pack puts to much pressure on the youngster and can cause problems

simple just ask a game warden and what are you training a beagle to do with birds

I'm training for rabbit.. the beagle.

Sorry.. I was just adding that if it was bird dogs training. To have the birds.

I've just heard in a few places that you can train them. I think I'll call the warden on Monday and ask though.

My gun club is also is an option to ask. and that falls under private land. There are rabbit around there.

Beagles need to run solo or with one other old steady dog that want run off game to learn and develop confidence .Running a young dog in a pack puts to much pressure on the youngster and can cause problems
Yea.. she's needs to find and run her rabbit..

Latest posts

Back