• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

take me along on your late muzzle loading hunts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hope you all have a great time hunting your late primitive seasons for deer. It has been a good year for me nice 8 pt. early muzzle loading season, nice 7 pt. regular weapons season and a 6 for my best friend I was the guide. I cannot hunt late season muzzle loader season due to the area I hunt is limited to two buck deer combined any weapon season, cannot even buy a bonus deer tag for my hunting area. I always liked the later seasons especially with a bit of snow on the ground but it isn't happening this year. There has been a bunch of spikes and fork horns there is a small 8 and at least two more sixes running around this year so it looks good for next year. I whish all good hunting and look forward to the stories. Look out rabbits.

AH, I'll tag along with your virtual tag along, if you don't mind. A foot in recovery from surgery has me laid up this year. Doubt I'll be totting the MLer out this January. But, one never knows, if there is a will.....

I hunted one year with a broken left foot, even scored a deer now that was interesting. Looking forward to the stories.

I hunted one year with a broken left foot, even scored a deer now that was interesting. Looking forward to the stories.
I've been too many months on recovery to chance messing this left foot up again. 10 screws and two plates to get me back on two feet again isn't something I want to 'do over', if you know what I mean. Yet, if my oldest son is of the mind to assist in January during Mzlder, then mayby I can be persuaded to ease out carefully.

Back