• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Talk about timing !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? You mean no more jumping off the tail gate!! :shocked2:
Darn knees! :cursing:
Got clothes lined by a piece of barbed wire 12" off the ground as I was walking down the back side of a stone pile fence line(never saw it coming)...left knee hit the
frozen ground so hard I thought I pushed the cap out the back side!Ouch! :shocked2:
My rifle hit the ground so hard it drove the wedge key out!
Scraped myself up ... it's been a slow mend!
I feel your pain!
Guess were not 25 anymore...Hope you have a fall season or else travel when your fit!
Good luck..give yourself time to heal or you'll pay! :yakyak:

If it's any consultation..spent 2 days hunting birds..had one tom at 25 yards ..no shot angle...next day had hens roost at 25 and the big tom at 55 yards..no shot..but man I was shaking like a leaf for 45 minutes while they were in on me.
called in a red fox..he wanted to eat that hen putin and purin! :grin:
When I stop getting excited I'm hanging up my calls!
Good luck..send a report on the tissue work!

Hey Dan!

Good to hear from you. Sounds like you have been having some fun! :thumbsup:

I am trying to keep a stiff upper lip here, but, it is poor timing for sure!

We had a youth season over the weekend and I have been told, by some friends that took their kids, the Gobblers were very responsive to calling. Several good birds were taken.

Good luck "New Englander-izing" a bird.

Skychief

Glad you are jumping on the surgery sooner than later, I waited too long on my shoulder and ended up with 5 pins and a year of re-hab...lost a ton of motion, but keep working it back little by little..

Learned to shoot left handed with my right handed flint lock and still filled the freezer (yup wore glasses)...added a new "challenge" to this amazing sport..

Don't push anything your Doc warns against, but sitting in a blind is kinda like sitting on your couch, its the getting there that could be tricky....Any chance you have a 4 wheeler or can have someone help get you into a blind???? Might be an option, I always feel better when I am in the woods, even when the animals are not cooperating...

Best wishes for a fast recovery :thumbsup:

Three or four years ago I was turkey hunting and I went to set up against a tree. I squatted without putting my hands down and felt something pop in my left knee. Got up after a bit and it hurt bad. I waited till Memorial Day week to have my meniscus trimmed up. I was back to work in 4 days and riding a bicycle in 7. However, I had been bicycling hard and heavy all spring and was in pretty good shape so that helped me heal quickly. I was going to suggest you hold out through turkey season but sounds like that's not an option. Take your time and heal up proper. There'll be some gobblers a year older just waiting for you next year1

Thanks Staggerwing.

I had my surgery 8 days ago.

I am hunting vicariously through my friends on this site and around home. It's okay, but, I would rather be out there myself! :haha:

Healing is going well according to the Doc and our season ends May 13, ....SO......... :hmm: .

Best regards, Skychief. :thumbsup:

Back