• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tang site ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfdog91

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hay eveyone, looking to get into muzzle loaders on more of a tinkering basis. Trying to find a beat up like 32 cal to re do and play with . Anyhow watching to know if anyone has added a tang site to a traditional style muzzleloader and how difficult is it ?
Thanks 🙂

I've seen tang sights on a few olden ML rifles, mostly the target type. Never saw the same sight twice; seems as if some local gunsmith/blacksmith made them for the shooter. If you're talking vernier sights, never saw one on a ML. I did put a small peep sight on one of my caplocks; not hard to do, but need to be careful that the screw hole is 90 degrees perpendicular to the bore axis and on line. Some suppliers sold them at one time, don't know if anyone does now.

Tom A Hawk is a member on this site and sells one that works for me (although the club I shoot at doesn't allow them). You can use the search function above right to find him.

Here is what he sent me some time back, prices may have changed.

The sights are $80. Add $3 if you want the 8-32 mounting screw. Payment can be sent to Paypal, friends and family [email protected] or money order to Wilderness Solutions, PO Box 401, Shortsville, NY 14548. Thank you.

Williams makes tang mounted adjustable sights for ML...I have two on my Lyman GPR. I am not sure what other styles /models they may have. They are a modern style target aperture sight.

That's a pity. As the number of participants in this game dwindle and grows older many clubs have changed their rules to allow older folks to stay in the competition.
I might use them if they allowed them, but it is really not that big of a deal to me, I have won enough matches in my younger days and now I mostly shoot in the matches just to socialize, a good shooting day is just a plus.

Latest posts

Back