• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Firestorm

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Brooks said:
Clever gimmick.

Excellent rifle.

AFAIK People looking for Flintlocks don't buy gimmicks - unless you consider PC to be a gimmick... :winking:

I, for one, have a couple of requirements for a "regular-use" gun, and Stainless Steel is one of them. I wasn't looking for a showpiece or a rondy gun, I was looking for a flint that wouldn't rust when I touched it or take it near salt water. The bonus was the easily removable breech plug. You won't find an easier to clean flinter.

Perhaps the "pellet cone" on the breech-plug could be called a gimmick, but nobody I know actually even tries to use pellets except on a lark (i.e. someone hands you a couple).

I, for one, have a couple of requirements for a "regular-use" gun, and Stainless Steel is one of them
YEEEOOOWWW! :shocked2: That makes my hair stand on end! :haha:
To each their own!

well, i can identify with that. on the one hand, i love the look of high-quality wood on a rifle . . . on the other hand, my t/c greyhawk gets a LOT of use. its nice to have a gun that you dont have to worry about banging around. it may not be pretty, but it's 100% functional . .. and the look kinda grows on ya . . . . . :grin:

Mr. Old Ironsights,
Got to agree with you on this one. If could find a long barreled stainless steel .62cal flintlock, would commence saving my pennies immediately.
Best Wishes

Mr. Pittsburghunter,
I don't have the faintest idea as to why they do not.
Perhaps if you emailed TC, they might provide you with the answer to your question.
Best Wishes

shotgunner said:
Anybody have any opinions on TC's Firestorm flintlock?

I have a friend who has one. Nice rifle. He started out using Pyrodex and the rifle wouldn;t fire half the time. He switched Goex BP and cured that problem.

George

Back