• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC flintlock hawkin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All. What do you all think about this. I am considering a TC Hawkin, 28 inch octagon barrel in .45. The wood looks nice, nothing fancy. Drilled and tapped for a tang peep sight. Brass furniture and patch box and double set triggers. I don't have a picture to put on line yet but I am told it is in excellent shape and the serial # is in the low 4 digit area. Supposed to look slightly used. It's not a scam I know and trust the individual that is selling it. Asking $900 shipped. To high, low or just right. I know with out a picture is tough to say but jist looking for a best guess.

Steep for sure, especially if its not unfired in the box. Closer to $500 for flint would be more like it for a nice, clean example.

If you want a T/C keep your eyes open here. They do come up and I don't recall any near that number. Do a forum search For Sale Hawkens. I think you'll see much more reasonable numbers.

even without the things you need to tune on a TC Flintlock, that is just about double what it should be.
don't get me wrong about TC Flintlocks because i have 2 or 3, but each and every one took time to tune to be reliable.
take that 900.00 and buy a Kibler or something from other suppliers. that 900.00 and your lunch money for a couple months will get you a real gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back