• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Hawken stocl

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they will. Have converted 3 caplocks to flint( 2 Hawkens,.50 and .54 and a Cougar) with no problems. I should add i changed the locks to TC flintlocks and installed Green Mountian flint barrels. I understand changing a caplock barrel to flint is a much larger job, the breechplug must be changed which can be difficult. Maybe someone on the forum has more details on breech plug changes.
Am very happy with the GM barrels.

Just wondering if you had to do any inletting of the stock when you converted the TC caplock to a flintlock from TC? Also, I didn't think that GM Barrels had a .54 cal flint barrel, is it a drop in or one that you made to fit? Thanks

The .54 was orginally a .54 caplock 1". GM, at least a few years ago, made a 1" .54 flint barrel which fit the TC, thier "IBS" series. The other Hawken and Cougar were 15/16" barrels which i am sure they still carry.

TC company only place to get breachplug for Tc barrel. You will have to send them your barrel as they have to change it, won't send you a plug and no dealers have them. Dilly

OK, I found the GM flint barrel for the TC .54, located under the Renegade section(I believe they have the same wedge pin location); still wondering if the flint lock and the cap lock were remove the cap lock and replace with the flint, that simple? Wouldn't want priming powder to seep under the barrel from the pan. Appreciate any info you can supply.

I would also like to know if you had to do any inletting. Also , do you keep the trigger set or must they be replaced also ?

zukeeper1, huntsman247;
The set triggers can stay with no problems. Of the three i did, one fitted perfectly, one required a very minimun of wood removal to allow the bolster to fit snug aganist the barrel (less than 1/64" more like light scraping in the lock mortice), and on the other just a light filing on the fence area.

Latest posts

Back