• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Senica lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ike

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Went to shoot first time. The lock is only 1/4 inch above lipple at half cock. At full cock it doesn’t have the power to set off the cap. I repositioned the hammer but didn’t help is there another setting inside the lock. Ike

Went to shoot first time. The lock is only 1/4 inch above lipple at half cock. At full cock it doesn’t have the power to set off the cap. I repositioned the hammer but didn’t help is there another setting inside the lock. Ike
Ike,
A photo and a lock brand would be a huge help to get you some answers.
Larry

Two things to check are the nipple being mushroomed or the mainspring is weak. I had shim one mainspring with some tiny washers. You can gently chuck up nipple in a drill and cleanup the mushroomed nipple with a small file.

Most of the fail to fire with percussion guns is caused by a flatened nipple. As stated you can restore the knife edge by chucking it in drill and holding it up to a tool stone or fine file, The edge should be sharp.

Get one of these from Track of the Wolf:
Nipple, 12-28 thread, for Thompson Center Seneca and Cherokee rifles, & T/C Patriot pistol, #11 CCI cap, stainless steel
  • Cone length: 0.300"
  • Thread journal length: 0.200"
  • Overall length: 0.500"
  • Diameter of base: 0.305"
Use nipple wrench #NW-170

Latest posts

Back