• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tenn. classic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srottman

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Billk, planning on building my first rifle, a Tenn. poor boy. was yours pre inletted? if so how close and how much more inletting do you estimate you will have to do.I am trying to make up my mind if I want to start with a pre inletted stock or one in the white

This is my first gun building project, so I will be going slowly. I decided to go with the Tenn. classic number 4 maple stock from Pecatonica. I had to order the stock because I decided to go with a Rice .50 cal., B profile swamped barrel.
They cut the barrel channel to my swamped barrel but I had to wait for about 1.5 months. I decided not to have the lock, trigger, or butplate pre-inletted as this will give me more freedom in locating the parts around and also learn how to inlet them.
I am nervous with the whole project, but also excited. I am not sure how many hours it will take me to complete it. I will definately take my time and ask a lot of questions. I have already purchased a number of DVDs and books and have been watching them and reading them for some time now.
Billk

Back