• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Hawken Shop Conversion kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earlier this year I restocked a T/C barrel and other parts into a Pecatonica Long Rifle T/C replacement stock. I used a Hawken Shop conversion trigger guard. Overall, the actual fit into the stock was great. The TG came rough cast, so I had to clean up the casting and finish it. I cleaned it up to 320 grit and used multiple coats of Oxpho Blue. All screw holes have to be drilled.

As far as fit, just a little bending was necessary, but I wasn’t using a T/C factory stock, I used a Pecatonica LRS replacement stock that more closely resembles a plains rifle stock.

Just an option for you...if you're thrifty (or as my wife says "cheap") you could do what I did with my T\C. I replaced the factory DST and TG with a "real" Hawken set, but then using a patina solution (and you have to sand off the T\C finish on the brass first) I just blackened the remaining hardware. The first pic shows the patina solution results on all parts. Then I carded back to get a softer shade.

Again, just a less expensive option. This way you would just need to buy the TG. (As I just got tired of looking at the factory TG)

Sb3URb0l.jpg
BTGHviPl.jpg

Thinking I may just go with your option,trigger guard really sucks in looks and with my really big hands.Gonna have to do some stock work,comb is too high and will lose some of the cheek piece while I am it it

Went to range this morning,have electric at tables so took orbital sander.Sand a bit and shoot many times,Looks a lot different but zero cheekbone slap.Finish sanding this afternoon and stain tomorrow

Removed a bunch of wood from stock got it refinished.Got it shooting pretty good.Going to go ahead and get trigger guard,nose cap and butt plate from The Hawken Shop after deer season and work on it on some of them cold and wet winter days.Would post a picture of where I am at with it but do not have computer skills for that.

Latest posts

Back