• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Patriot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it on video and dvd,best part of the movie is the revenge scene where the young boys help Dad get their brother back. I love the shooting and loading.

How many have seen 'Revolution' with Al Pacino and Donald Sutherland? A lot of inaccuracies, but still an interesting movie.

T.O. said:
I have it on video and dvd,best part of the movie is the revenge scene where the young boys help Dad get their brother back. I love the shooting and loading.
Great scene. The looks on the children's faces, when they see what their father is capable of was well done.

my oldest grandson, {13} was so excited ,he too found it in the bargain bin! said it was his fav movie{i had NO idea!} wanted to spend the hot afternoon watching it with paw paw! i watched his face, he was enthralled! has never showed much intrest in primative weapons before, just his wii!im thinkin we gonna have some smoke time pretty quick here! its a good movie compared to what kids are watching these days!

Old thread, but I'll pitch in. Hated it the first time I watched. But, then I was picking out the innaccuracies and not watching the whole story. Second time, much better. The movie did tell a lot more about the realities of the Rev. War than, I'm sure, most viewers picked up on. Particularly the vanity and greed of the officers. And the total lack of regard on the part of the officers for the lives of the enlisted men. The fight scene at the end was pure Hollywood. e.g. 'hero almost killed then dramatically comes back to kill the villan'. Hokey but I loved it. On the whole, I'm a big fan of the movie and put it right up there with Red Dawn as one of my all time favorites.

Baker was the "instructor" for both movies. Mel was impressed by Mark so much he used Mark's saying "aim small, miss small" in the movie.

Back