• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Possible Shop Starter Kit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad1043

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting started in BP. I was wondering if this kit is a good place to start? Is it a good value or would I be better off finding the stuff individually?

Thanks

It looks to be a decent value, although I've never personally handled the horn or the bag (which are the two big ticket items). All of the other stuff you're going to have to get eventually, and may I also suggest a Range Rod in 10x32 thread. It accepts all of the acc's that are in your kit and works better than using a ramrod!

Are you going to use the horn & bag, or are you going to buy or make a Range Box to transport all of your "stuff" in? If you're not going to use either or at least one of the two big-ticket items, then I wouldn't purchase the starter kit. I'd piece-meal it out and get a big fishing tackle box or the Plano brand Shooter's Box with removable trays like I have. Plenty of room for everything, and in the $20-$25 range IF I remember right.

Has your new rifle arrived yet? Good luck with it and have fun & be safe.

Dave

I bought one when I first started, last year. I still use every single item! The bag is just the right size for a day's hunting, or a day at the range. The horn is not fantastic, but it's more than good enough. It's not a fancy horn, but it holds powder & that's all you really need. The onlything I would suggest, is gluing the strap to the 'pointy-poury' end of the horn. It has a tendency to fall off.

In all, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Personally, I have bought items from the Possibles Shop and have been quite pleased with each one. However, I would piece it and get exactly what you want from the various forums and likely save money.

Latest posts

Back