• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

thining the herd again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david50

45 Cal.
Reaction score
made it out again this morning,four greys and two reds. lots of squirrels this fall. :grin:
100_0236.jpg

100_0239.jpg

Dang! I have to wait 2 weeks for squirrel season and you're not makin it any easier! :haha:

Good shooting. :hatsoff:

David 50
Good work,it was prob. a blessing, you shooting them as it appears everyone of em has a head deformity [some worse than others, must be spreading]. :grin:
Macon :thumbsup:

Holy moly ! That looks like a lot of fun . I do a lot of 22 hunting for squirrels . Might have to get me a 32 or a 36 .
Wife isn't gonna be happy with your influence on me (lol) .

made it out again this morning,very cold and windy but did manage to call up three.
100_0332.jpg

Don't know about this fellow, but I use a squirrel in distress call and a squirrel barker. The distress call is just a small disc with a hole through it. I use it while shaking small trees and brush. It makes the tree rats think a hawk is attacking a young squirrel, most of the time they come running and barking. The barker will mainly get them barking so as to locate them. They both work well in getting squirrels out of dens enough to shoot'em, and get them moving around when they go quiet.

I'm gonna have to try that, but I don't think our squirrels are big enough to mess with. Although some here say they're tasty. :idunno:

the first time i call and bring up the gun one had came out of a knothole but went back in. you have to listen close to hear them,video is not very good quality. it was cold and windy but i did manage to call up three. click on the link.
http://youtu.be/9HY5Fd1KJ1Y

:thumbsup: :applause: Thats how its done. What kind of call do you have? Good clear sound! If they get wise to me, I will hide behind a tree, aiming the gun around it and sort of heave the squeal to them. Sort of a light long drawn out squeal with a chirp, like a little wounded squirrel. They can't stand it.

Skylinewatcher,i make my own from these small metal discs i get at the local hardware store.
100_0317.jpg

Back