• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

thinking of a T/C renegade(used) , what is good price?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duke21

40 Cal.
Reaction score
sorry to bug you guys again, but the guy who owed me money, decided not to let go of his hawken. I got myself all worked up to get this gun and then got a big letdown. anyhow, because i got so wound up, i went looking around today and found a used T/C renegade in 54 cal persssion with single trigger. has aftermarket williams firesites on it. wood is ok , but i would probably refinish. the metal is all pretty clean with the exception of the last 3/4 inch or so on the breech end. At that spot, bluing is pretty well worn or burnt off and there is a bit of small surface rust around that area and the drum. I am assuming from corrosives from the caps and hadnt been cleaned good. bore seems ok?

asking price was 145.00 couldnt seem to chew it down any. does this price seem reasonable or should i hold out. money is still really tight. but in the past not many sidelocks show up around here with execption of plastic stocked cva guns.

so what do you think?

duke21

Buy it now! do it or I will. The stock alone would sell on ebay for at least 175 if it is in good condition. it is a good price at least here in my area. Ron

Prices do vary from region to region, I think you have a good deal at that price, but I must tell you what a got a while back (Alaska). I purchased 2 T/C Hawken's .50 cal., 1 Pedersoli .50 cal., a .44 cal. revolver, 1 4X brass scope, possible's bag and a bunch of bullets, all for $250. Just last month my pard bought a .50 T/C Hawken for $80 in great shape. Once I figure out how to post photo's I'll would like to show them. Go for it at that price, I still think you have a good deal going.

That's a pretty good price. Unless you are planning a trip to Alaska. If you are, pick me up one of them $80 T/C Hawkens :rotf: :thumbsup: .

Duke,
Good price, indeed! Get it or you will regret it
later when you see what else is available for that money.
snake-eyes:hmm:

Not the greatest I've seen, just recently saw two used, one for $100.00 the other for $125.00. In a retail store 180 miles from here, I can buy new percussion for $224.00, or a new percussion GPR for under $400.00.

Come to think if it, those may have been T/C Hawkens, not Renegades. Now I'm not sure...

You look around hit a gun show or two and you can get better deals but don't risk not having a rifle for that. Messes around the nipple clean up and appear pretty easy. You should be all set to go if bore and all is clear. Ask the dealer if you can pull the lock to make sure the guts are clean.

If so I think you will at least get your moneys worth out of the gun at best end up with a great rifle. :thumbsup:

Pay the $145.00 and ask if he has any caps, balls, patches, conicals, etc. that he might consider throwing-in with it or at least giving you a good deal on...you're going to have to "feed" the thing sonner or later, might as well do it at wholesale now than retail later :winking: .

I can almost smell the smoke from it now!!

All the best, Dave

Don't delay!Go down and get it or it will be gone and you will regret it!Very good price despite the minor problems that the rifle has!

I have a T/C Hawken I purchased in a pone shop for $95.00 with a very good barrel and double set triggers. The blueing was a lettle worn but repairable. I would look around some more. Better guns are out there. Test fire any gun you are interested in. If the owner will not let you test fire, walk away. That's like not letting you start a used car on a lot.

I'd buy it so long as everything works and the bore is good. Pretty & new don't shoot no better than old & ugly.

Price sounds reasonable to me. At that price you can't lose. If you later find a rifle you like better, this one can always be sold for at lease what you paid for it.

Darn. I feel cheated. I just bought a TC .54 cal Renegade in excellent shape today for $225 in Anchorage. I didn't realize until now I got taken on the price.. :grin:

guys i feel like dirt!!! i was supposed to get paid for a couple jobs i finished last week and instead nothing has come in( self- employed) i was really hoping to go get this T/c for myself, and now find myself in a position that i cannot turn loose of the money. I guess thats how it goes. If one of you are serious about wanting it, iwill see about picking it up and you can send me the funds and i can ship it to you. Dont know if it works for you, but if it helps someone else out , i am game.

thanks for all the feedback,

duke21

Back