• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thinking of new underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanda

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Was thinking about building a underhammer.
I would build trigger and frame from scratch.
got trigger sample working good so I ordered 45 cal. 13/16 X 36 inch long otagon barrel.
Was thinking of mounting barrel to solid frame with stock on back of frame,and forarm mounted to barrel kinda like the pictures on the blue goose web sight.
My question is the barrel looks pretty thin arround the 5/8 tapped breech plug hole [3/32 per side] whitch I would use for mounting to receiver.
Sould there be any concerces about it being a week point or should I maybe make a removable barrle in full stock instead.
Any thougts would be helpful

thanks andy

Dont know about that one, even H+A's 36 cal used a 15/16 barrel so it didnt look so small on the frame, your not leaveing a lot of metal. since your makeing it from scratch why use the stock 5/8 breech plug ? just go smaller with the size. Fred :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back