• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

third time out

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramble

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Two Saturdays, didn't even see a deer. Third time out, (we are now into gun season) I'm in the tree stand before first light, enjoying the day coming in. At 8:00, I look right, and look back left to see two does staring directly at me (who says deer don't look up?). They know something is not right, they just don't know what. One stomps and blows, but her antics do nothing to disturb my impersonation of a rock. They can't figure me out, but I can't raise my rifle. Then one moves out of the clearing. The second follows, but pauses at the edge...and looks away. I'm able to shoulder my rifle, line up, and squeeze off. The smoke cleared to reveal that she'd dropped in her tracks. Meat in the freezer!
TC Hawken .50 kit
60 gr. pyrodex
hand cast PRB

bramble

They must have been tipped off when they looked up and saw a rock. :haha:

Seriously, congratulations and good job!

:hatsoff:
Spot

Back