• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

This weekend

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntnut

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My boys season for deer starts this weekend. They can use any weapon but they are chooseing to take the smoke poles out for the opener. They have 8 days for youth then rolles right into muzzleloader season. This will be my youngest boys first deer hunt, so he is excited. I'm hopeing my GPR 54 will be here by muzzleoader season but should be here friday or monday.

What a great way to spend your weekend, in the woods huntin with your boys. I miss the youth seasons (my boys are too big now) enjoy this they will grow up way too fast. Good Luck to them!!!

Enjoy Huntnut. Time spent with your family in the great outdoors (or anywhere for that matter) is priceless. I never grow tired of it. (Except late at night when I'm exhausted and my daughter won't go to bed!)

I have never had as much fun in hunting as I have when hunting with my kids. Good luck and enjoy every moment.

Good Luck. Have a great weekend. I thing it is great that so many places have the youth hunts now.

Cherish the time my Brother. My 16 year old and my 11 year old are really starting to get into muzzleloaders as well. I guess they are into anything the "Old Man" is into! Seriously, we have to show these kids the traditional way to do things first. I want them to know how our ancestors lived and hunted and what equipment they used. Face it fellas...Im very young to be on this forum at 43 years old! That has got to change! Kudos to you and your boys and good luck! They have a good Father!

8 days?! That's a good amount of time to really connect/bond with your sons and show them muzzle loading. Our "youth hunt" is only 2 days, but will be precious time, well spent. Good luck! (we expect pics!)

This is for all you fine gentelmen.........

Enjoy and cherish the time spent with your kids, before you know it they will be "Grown and Gone". The early part of the season here in Georgia will most likely be the last for me and my son. He will be leaving for basic training at Fort Leonard Wood on the 19 of November, for a 5 year hitch in the Army as a MP. He is 19 and will turn 20 in December.

Back