• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Poll: What do you use your muzzleloader for?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you primarily use your muzzleloader for?

• Hunting

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Target Shooting

Votes: 46 24.0%
  • Both

Votes: 129 67.2%

• Total voters
Started hurting with a TC Hawken in the 70s then drifted away for a few decades. After retirement I rekindled the romance with black powder. Started buying BP rifles and restoring them which lead to the need to shoot them After the frustration of public ranges decided to build my own, which gives me and several other black powder shooters hours off enjoyment most weeks punching paper, with the occasional squirrel hunting a few days a season to prove I still can.

I have hunted deer with a muzzleloader many years ago. Now, I use my muzzleloaders for target practice, friendly competition shooting with The Ohio Valley Muzzle Loading Gun Club and Rendezvous competition with Rendezvous Groups, primarily Jennings Creek Council, in Van Wert, Ohio.

Let me get this straight: there are 15 people in this forum that Only use their ML for "Hunting"...no target shooting??? 😲
PLEASE tell me where and when you go hunting so I can Stay Home!!
😱

Interesting stuff! I made a mental note of where I thought the vote would end and my prediction was a 75% both, 15% target and 10% hunting.

Let me get this straight: there are 15 people in this forum that Only use their ML for "Hunting"...no target shooting??? 😲
PLEASE tell me where and when you go hunting so I can Stay Home!!
😱
The poll said ‘primary’. One can make the safe assumption you’d sight in your weapons before hunting.

The poll said ‘primary’. One can make the safe assumption you’d sight in your weapons before hunting.
I'd be careful tossing around that 'assume' word, my pappy once warned me out it, a teacher once warned me about it, and a college professor once warned me about it.
I would assume even it would be against forum language policy to even explain it here.
Never ASSUME that firearm ain't loaded and Never ASS-U-ME the other guy knows what he's doing.

Latest posts

Back