• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center - Rice Barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hood2

32 Cal
Reaction score
I noticed that Rice has a drop in 20 gauge barrel. I have a few questions and thought someone here probably has experience with them. If so, could you tell me if these are smooth bore? Are they available in flintlock as I don't see anywhere to specify if you are wanting a percussion or flintlock?

Thanks for the help and information, it is much appreciated!

20 Ga Rice Barrel

If you click on the choose an option drop down the list of options opens up. Or the additional info tab. Smooth, 2 lengths, cyl bore or jug choke. You may have to call them about a possible flint option. So far as I know the TC drop ins they offer are all percussion.
I've had rifle barrels from them, top shelf stuff. Also think they all ship in the white.

I currently have a Green Mountain 20 smoothbore for a Hawken rifle that I switch back and forth between percussion and flint. Don't shoot percussion much anymore but it is one of my favs. Just wish it was jug choked sometimes.

Last edited:
Thanks. Looking at their sketch, it looks to be a percussion. I will have to call and see if they offer a flint option. Thanks again for the information!

Back