• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center White Mountain Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcmcrev

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a .50 cal T/C White Mountain carbine (percussion cap) that I would like to pass along to my new son-in-law. It needs a new barrel. Most of you know that T/C no longer makes this rifle and that Green Mountain used to have replacement barrels but does so no longer. I would appreciate any and all info as to where I might find a replacement barrel. Online searchs thus far have produced no results. Cabelas has a replacement barrel that is 21" length, octagonal, 15/16". A sales rep claims that it would fit the White Mountain but I am rather doubtful given his lack of knowledge on other muzzleloading questions. Thanks.

Give Fox Ridge a call first if they can't help try Cain's. Not sure of the number but do a search for Cain's Muzzleloading.

Worst case order the barrel from Cabelas, if it doesn't work return it, all you'll be out is the shipping fees.

Thanks. Foxridge does have a replacement barrel for the .50 cal, but it is not listed in their catalog for some reason. They do not have .54 cal barrels however. Still looking for some advice on locating one. I've called and left a message with Cain's. Meanwhile, if anyone knows of a .54 cal replacement barrel please let me know.

The .54 cal barrel would be for the T/C White Mountain carbine that I will continue using for myself as long as these legs will keep me going for elk and mule deer hunts here in the New Mexico mountains. I'd appreciate any info on sellers.

You say your still using the rifle but the barrel needs to be replaced? Is it a cosmetic problem or the barrel is internally damaged, if not have it reblued.

The blueing is fine. I've had this rifle for years and it is not as accurate as it used to be. It's still good for shots out to 75 yards on elk; 50 yards on muleys. I take it as a back-up just in case for blackpowder hunts along with my .54 cal T/C Hawken.

Is the replacement barrel that Fox Ridge has an octagonal stepped to round, like the White Mountain Carbine came with, or is it a full octagonal ? Also, what rate of twist? :confused:

I thought that T/C had a life time warrenety on there products i would have it rebult :hmm: :)

How about relineing the barrel? Don't know much about it but it may be an option.

Back