• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Three more for the pot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Spent 12 houres in the truck gettin' my buddy to Denver International airport yesterday(man the rat race over there :shake: )
Got back home around four pm and the wife and kid were in town gettin' grub so I grabed my flinter and went for a back yard saunter and ran into a large covy feeding on service berries.

DSCF4240.jpg

:thumbsup: Great photo. Good shooting. Outstanding looking Fowling piece. Food for the family . Who could want for anything more. Enjoy my friend, enjoy.

Ancient One said:
:thumbsup: Great photo. Good shooting. Outstanding looking Fowling piece. Food for the family . Who could want for anything more. Enjoy my friend, enjoy.

thanks buddy,
It's a 45 cal Tennessee po boy from TVM.
:thumbsup:

Now, were those ground sluiced or wing shot? :) I can't usually get them to fly so they get sluiced. :redface:

Grandson killed two with one shot last week.

marmotslayer said:
Now, were those ground sluiced or wing shot? :) I can't usually get them to fly so they get sluiced. :redface:

Grandson killed two with one shot last week.

:haha:
yup dummer than a speeding round ball.
If they do flush it's usally in a tree not to far away.
I find the challange is to hit them in the head.
I don't use a smoothbore very often, don't like pickin pellets out of my meat.
All were neck shot but not one lost it's head must be losing my touch.

:haha:

The grouse around my farm are pretty wary and usually flush wide and you'll never see them again, but go a bit east of here and they all just sit there in a group looking at you until they think they are going to get stepped on, then they fly 5-20 yards away and try to figure out what happened to their buddy. I think grouse is better than chicken. Sage grouse is pretty dark but then again they are a different creature all together.

I use to call them stupid, but the ones that are left around my neck of the woods must have a degree in hunter safety!Never got to point a gun in their direction :grin: Spooky lil fellers.

Jumped three last week and never got a shot off.

OOPS! forgot to say congrats :redface:

Back