• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

three new bags

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pc.knife

40 Cal.
Reaction score
over the weekend I finished three new bags:

Bag 1

the skin of the badger
Full grain leather ~ 2 mm, antiqued, stained and waxed,
pigskin
waxed linen thread sewn
dyed linen
steel buckle

dimensions:
Height - 19cm
width - 23cm

67.1.jpg

67.2.jpg

67.3.jpg

67.4.jpg

67.5.jpg

Bag 2

Full grain leather ~ 1 - 1.5 mm, antiqued, stained and waxed, waxed linen thread sewn
partially removed skin from hair
steel buckle
dimensions:

Height - 15cm
width - 14cm

68.1.jpg

68.2.jpg

68.3.jpg

68.4.jpg

68.5.jpg

Bag 3

Full grain leather ~ 1.5 mm, antiqued, stained and waxed, waxed linen thread sewn

cotton tape
hand-forged steel buckle
antlers
beads

dimensions:
Height - 16cm
width - 23cm

66.1.jpg

66.2.jpg

66.3.jpg

66.4.jpg

66.5.jpg

66.6.jpg

66.7.jpg

66.8.jpg

66.9.jpg

P.C., you are a very skilled craftsman. Each of those bags is creatively conceived and beautifully executed. I think the badger is my favorite, but I really love the hand-forged buckle on No. 3.

:hatsoff:

I got to say I like all three of them, they are all different in style and looks, making all three very unique pieces! :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your kind words...

Wattsy,
I especially like your interpretation of the origin of 2 bags :grin:

Those look great. Wish I had some skill like that. Maybe someday when I grow up. Nah, ask any woman who knows me, they'll tell you that won't happen.... :rotf:

That is by golly stylin right there!!How much fer that badger,i made a badger skull pipe once,wished i still had it.

I like your bags a lot! What does the star figure represent? Is it just a personal decoration? I have a personal attraction to a Tulip Poplar leaf design,I've used it on some of my own stuff. Just curious,keep doing what you're doing.

Back