• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Time to brag a little.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowpoke

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Maryland had their Blackpowder Championship this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun). It's a long weekend but I look forward to it every year. Anyway, I won the Flint (169) and the Unlimited Smoothbore Aggregates (164) this year. Just wanted to show my 50y buffalo target (48) and brag a little... :blah: BTW pay no attention to that other target, that was my 75y practace target. :rotf:

IMG_2533Medium.jpg

Mr. Slowpoke,
Mighty fine shootin'!
If it would not be too much trouble, please tell us a little about your winning combination; gun, load and etc.
Best Wishes

WindWalker said:
please tell us a little about your winning combination; gun, load and etc.

I have a 20g Getz 44 inch barrel that like 70g of 2F, with a 600 ball patched with .015 red pillow tickin. With this load it will shoot like a rifle'd barrel at 25 and 50 yards. It does open up a little at 75 yards with my typical group being around 6 inches. The only problem is that this combo isn't practical to load in the field. It requires a brass starter and a hammer to get it started and I use a range rod.
That said, I use .010 patch in the woods and it loads easily but the group aren't as tight.
Anyway, that's a pretty lucky target considering the gale force winds that plagued us the entire weekend.

Slowpoke said:

If those targets are to scale, you either have some small buffalos or some mighty big groundhogs in Maryland...

Oh, and good shootin there Hoss...

LOL, that looks like one of my 25 yrd rifle targets, great shooting pard. I really do need to practice more. :thumbsup:

All I need is a fancy Slow Poke rifle, new eyeballs and twenty years to prctice then I could do that :thumbsup:

thanks everyone... I couldn't have done it without your support !! :winking: Here are some more pictures from the event.

IMG_2539Medium.jpg

IMG_2542Medium.jpg

IMG_2545Medium.jpg

IMG_2550Medium.jpg

Latest posts

Back