• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tip curtiss kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadHorse

45 Cal.
Reaction score
well on the 3rd of july i got my isaac haines lancaster with a 44" swamped c wieght barrel. and a beautiful tiger striped stock! i cant wait to start this gun next week.

karwelis
gprbuild006-1.jpg

gprbuild007-1.jpg

gprbuild008-1.jpg

gprbuild011.jpg

gprbuild012.jpg

Nice choice,that will be a fine looking gun when finished, keep us posted as you go.

well i got the top of the line curly maple stock and patch box 44" c wieght swamped barrel from green mountian a large sile lock, davis double set trigger and isaac haines furniture the whole thing out the door was $835

I haven't seen a Curtiss set before. Looks like all of the fixins for a great rifle...very nice castings as well.

Did you order the barrel with the breech plug installed and the touch hole drilled?

you know funny you ask that, i had allready sent tip my check, and he and i were on the phone talking about my gun and he just offered to do it for me "no charge" i laughed and said thats good the "checks in the mail" but he did a beautiful job for me! and what i really like is, tip will chat with you on the phone, walk you thru any concerns what ever. i have never built a rifle at this level but because of tip curtis, this forum, and one other i participate in. i am confidant!

karwelis

I agree Tip is a class guy. When I ordered my kit he and I chatted on the phone while he walked through the shop picking out the parts. I got a haines too, swamped barrel but 38". It's my hunting rifle. It turned out great and was on target almost at the first shot, it took very little tweaking to sight in.

Enjoy

If ya do search for billhuntz and look at the topic "just finished my first rifle" there are pics there. I'm extremely happy with the outcome...

The Tip Curtis Frontier Shop is located in Cross Plains, TN. You really need to go there to see what he has on hand. He usually has a lot of choices. You can call him at 615-654-4445, or email him at [email protected]. Tip does attend the larger shooting events, so he is not always " Home". He is very accomodating, his materials are top of the line, and his prices are fair. He can build a kit as little or as extensively done for you as you want. The more work he does, the more it costs you for the kit.

Billhuntz said:
If ya do search for billhuntz and look at the topic "just finished my first rifle" there are pics there. I'm extremely happy with the outcome...

WOW! i just saw yours bill! NICE! i was planing on doing mine "plane jane" also. to bad your on the east coast, would be fun to belch some smoke and fire with a pair of these at the local range.

karwelis

Karwelis, does the stock come with the patchbox already inlet into the stock and the dovetails cut on the stock and box lid?

AZ-Robert said:
Karwelis, does the stock come with the patchbox already inlet into the stock and the dovetails cut on the stock and box lid?

to answer your question, yes all you have to do is final shapping and forming of the brass piece and the release spring. on mine the curl matches real close to the rest of the stock.

karwelis

Back