• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tn deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mp77

32 Cal.
Reaction score
TN%20deer_zps6cvcsemo.jpg

I was blessed to shoot this buck yesterday morning in Southern Giles co TN. Got him with a TC renegade .54 my dad bought back in the 80's. I resoled the frizzen a couple months ago and its like shooting a new gun now lol.

I used a piece of spring steel .032 thick, shaped in the curve to match the frizzen face. I used a propane torch to heat the piece of spring material to cherry red then quenched in oil. Then jb welded it to the frizzen face, once jb was dry I ground the outside to shape. Oh another thing the first on I made was to hard and brittle it broke so the second one I made I tempered it after heat treating it. It sparks like crazy now.

Thanks guys, we bought the property in August between moving and fixing the old house to sell haven't had much of a chance to hunt . I feel blessed to be able to walk out the back door and hunt, and tickled to kill this one on my 2nd hunt here.

Great looking deer,congrats on ya,Not so lucky here in SE TN,Had a "Klatch" last week and yesterday I was watching 2 Does in a field and along comes a big 'ol boy. :grin: 10pnt at least.He stayed in the thick stuff and I couldn't shoot him for the cover.The Does finally left and I got nothing except about 45min of elevated heart rate :shocked2: Going back tomorrow after the rain here stops :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I was shooting a .535 RB .015 pillow ticking and 65gr of Swiss 3F. The shot was 40 yards he was walking up a hill head on to me. When the smoke cleared he was laying right there.

MaJg1234, I hope that 10 shows up for ya again, and steps on out of the thicket this time! Good luck

Back