• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Today makes two

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattyB

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Today I shot my second deer of the season. .530 PRB on 75 gr. of 2F out of my Harper's Ferry, both heart/lung/shoulder shot. I hunt just for meat and leave the trophy stuff to everyone else, but I have a good bit of venison in the freezer.

After my deployment, my wife and I are going to Florida on a boar hunt. I am planning on taking one with a knife, and one with a Howdah pistol that I hope to buy when I get back.

Sorry there aren't any pictures, but they weren't trophy deer anyway.

MattyB said:
Today I shot my second deer of the season. .530 PRB on 75 gr. of 2F out of my Harper's Ferry, both heart/lung/shoulder shot. I hunt just for meat and leave the trophy stuff to everyone else, but I have a good bit of venison in the freezer.

After my deployment, my wife and I are going to Florida on a boar hunt. I am planning on taking one with a knife, and one with a Howdah pistol that I hope to buy when I get back.

Sorry there aren't any pictures, but they weren't trophy deer anyway.

No, they all are throphys! Grats on your second deer. :thumbsup:

Grats on both of the deer! :thumbsup:
And good luck on the boar hunt. Taking one with the Howdah might be purty cool, but I ain't so sure about the knife... :hmm: :youcrazy: :wink:

I know plenty of guys in south Texas where I grew up who hunted them with dogs and knives, it was never my cup of tea though, I like guns too much.

Heck yeah, man! "Home" is east of San Antonio, and there's no way on God's green earth I'd hunt some of those huge monsters we see on the side of the road! Doggone things looked like elephants!! :shocked2: :shocked2:

Nice job! My father killed a deer with a knife once. He chased it in to a pond and slit it's throat when trying to drown it didn't work.

Do let me know how killing a hog with a knife works out for you. I imagine you'll get scraped up pretty good. :grin:

Seems to me the actor Gerald McRaney did the spearing hogs thing and taped it, Peta had a fit, a few years ack. :haha:

Don't get me wrong, I won't let a big buck walk away, I'm just not too picky about them. I've only shot one buck with any antlers, and let's just say they didn't survive the blast.

Back