• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tony Hawkin NZ Barrel Identification

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyVan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Another question for the NZ experts on Tony Hawkin Rifles.

I have one in .45 cal that has (I think) been messed with in the past, it's definitely got a shorter barrel than I've ever seen on any others.

I will add some photos over the weekend, once I take some, but for the moment I am looking for info on identifying where the barrel serial number fits in the scheme of things.

Its marked K89028-45, this seems to be different from the other one I have at home, so am looking for some input from others.

Other info that has been posted on the Topic about the restoration of the one I am baby sitting, doesn't seem to line up on the barrel twist rate.

All help greatly appreciated.

Alex

I just remembered I had this Photo of the rifle in question, it's the top one.
Not a lot of detail I know, but I will get some better pics over the weekend, it does show how short it is though, I have some theories about why it was shortened, looks to me like the stock has been shortened at the front as well, I am picking because it was broken off at about the point where the pin to lock the barrel to the woodwork usually is.

CIMG0925.jpg

Hi Alex. When Tony sold just a barrel he would put on it any # that you wanted. But it had to leave with a number. His agreement with the locals. If you can retrace the previous owners you may get an answer. My first one from him has been taged #6.Since my last notes I noted that I was getting down on slugs and have done a few extras if you want?

Back