• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Too nice to shoot.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of all the guns I own, there is only one that has never been fired and I won it in a sales contest in '82. It's a Winchester, 94 John Wayne commemorative in 32-40, came with 6 boxes of John Wayne ammo and the box. Last time I looked at the blue book value was $3,250.00 not bad for a gun that sold for $650.00 back then.

Safe Queen? I have no such, nothing on my gun rack, gun cabinet remains unfired, I may fire them less often but everything gets powder and shot through. Too Nice to shoot may only be once or twice a year shot but I have got to hear them speak.

I've never, and probably never will, own one that is too nice or too valuable to shoot, If I did I would probably sell it and buy several shooters.

Safe Queen? I have no such, nothing on my gun rack, gun cabinet remains unfired, I may fire them less often but everything gets powder and shot through. Too Nice to shoot may only be once or twice a year shot but I have got to hear them speak.

TMI.

Last edited:
Solanco,
I have never lost money on a gun. Lucky, I guess. But I don't buy on impulse, or try not to do so. And to follow up on your earlier post, I probably will sell it to regain my investment.
Absent a few stolen in a burglary I have never lost money on a gun. Mostly cause I do not sell them LOL. If you asked me how many I have I would have to walk around the house listing and counting. Likely I'd miss one or more.

I hate to see someone loosing money on a gun. In my experience it mostly happens because the individual is in duress. Grave illness or some other calamity has put him in a bad bind.

I had a friend who has passed away, that would like a gun I had and he would offer more that it was worth so of course I sold it to him. He would keep it a while and want to trade back for another of my guns, of course they were worth about the same and he would give me $100 boot so I traded him.
After he had it a while he wanted the first gun back, so I traded him and he gave me another $100 boot. He did that several times with other guns, one I got to own 3 times.
George was his name and he once asked me how hot can you load a 9mm Luger round for me. I told him I could load it hot enough to blow up your gun. He said well only make one of them then. I really miss him, I didn't feel guilty about his constant trading, because I restored several for him and didn't charge anything.

Latest posts

Back