• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took a Walk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swinehart

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Took a walk this morning to check out some deer stands and to look for some scrapes.
Brought the shotgun along just in case there might be a bird or two. Gun has been loaded since spring turkey season.
Only saw 4 birds and only got one shot.
Have been bow hunting to try to get some meat but this trip this morning was a great change.

PA160069.jpg

I love this part of the forum, Its like we get to go along for a lil bit. Thanks for sharing. Beatiful pic and great trophy. What kind of load did you use?

There's just not many things better than this time of year...hunting seasons, fall colors, and blackpowder...congratulations on your morning walk !!
:hatsoff:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: NICE,makes the old ticker pump a little. :applause: Griz

Just pulled my camper up to the hunting land east of exeland,looks like the bucks should be in full rut in a couple of weeks and a few grouse are still around should be a good fall.

Glad you had a good morning, thanks for the picture and taking us along :thumbsup:

silly goose said:
I love this part of the forum, Its like we get to go along for a lil bit. Thanks for sharing. Beatiful pic and great trophy. What kind of load did you use?

Thanks for liking my pic. I am playing around with trying to get some good pictures and posting them.

I used 85 grains of FF with the same volume of 6 shot. Played around with using a paper tube inside a plastic shot cup over an over the powder wad. Topped this with two over the shot wads cut out of a tablet cardboard. Patterned nice out to about 25 yards. Got one turkey a couple of years ago with this load.

That is one excelent picture.
What brand of shot gun is that?

I tried to buy a Navy Arms 12ga magnum precussion kit when I was a lot younger.
I had the money went to 4 Flags and they had raised the price $20.00
I saved up the $20.00 and they had raised the price $30.00 more.
I asked the owner if he would sell me the BP gun for the earlyer price.
It was all the money I had he said no.
I never did get a BP shotgun.

Back