• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took Mr Beck to the woods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been working on this gun for more years than I like to admit. First build and a scratch one at that. When ever I got stumped on what to do next I would put it aside for a day, week, or month(or 2 or 3).

I finally quit bow making long enough to almost finish it, except for browning the barrel, and decided to take it to the woods yesterday. Got a fat doe about 10:00 yesterday morning.

The gun is a loose rendition of a Beck rifle because of my inexperience as a builder, but a good shooter none the less. 54 cal Rice barrel, deluxe Chambers lock, brass parts cast from moulds from an original Beck and wood from Dunlap.

misterbeckandfirstdoe.jpg

Eric Krewson said:
I have been working on this gun for more years than I like to admit. First build and a scratch one at that. When ever I got stumped on what to do next I would put it aside for a day, week, or month(or 2 or 3).

I finally quit bow making long enough to almost finish it, except for browning the barrel, and decided to take it to the woods yesterday. Got a fat doe about 10:00 yesterday morning.

The gun is a loose rendition of a Beck rifle because of my inexperience as a builder, but a good shooter none the less. 54 cal Rice barrel, deluxe Chambers lock, brass parts cast from moulds from an original Beck and wood from Dunlap.

misterbeckandfirstdoe.jpg

I like it!! :hatsoff:

Nice one Eric ! I went for a while yesterday but didnt do anything. The club joining my property was running dogs and the whole area was a mess.Saw one doe and she was wide open when came by my stand.

Nice looking rifle.

Wayne

Nice deer and nice rifle!

Stumpy, if you enjoy LC's humor, you should make the trip to Dixon's fair next time LC puts a seminar on. I passed up a Getz barrel and put a Rice on Ruth a few years ago just 'cause of LC's talk. He really knows his barrel-making stuff.

Finnwolf

Very nice looking rifle there and the doe don't look too bad neither (needs some gravy). :thumbsup:

Back