• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took my daughter to the range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulmarcone

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Yesterday I took my 11-year old daughter to the range for the first time.

We shot my Pietta 1851 Colt Navy. All shots were fired from 25 yards using 15 grains of 3F Goex, ox-yoke wad and a .376 round ball from Dixie Gun Works.

She used a two-handed stance.

Here's her target (see below). For someone who has never shot a gun before, I think she did great! She had a wonderful time and wants to go again...soon!!

2746846082_b0dabc828c_b.jpg

Paul,

Good to see ya bringin the younguns to the range. :thumbsup: Mine are grwon up now but I still have a great time when we go shootin. GW

Heck yea she did great!
Its nice to see youngins bein taught how to shoot..it might save their lives someday!
...I just reread your post and noticed it was 25 yds! oh yea....she did better than I thought!!
you can boost the powder up as she grows up...
and it gets to be even more fun!

Good on ya for introducing her to shooting! I see that she already figured out how to make a bad guy sing soprano...

Pork Chop said:
Good on ya for introducing her to shooting! I see that she already figured out how to make a bad guy sing soprano...

I see that low center shot - leave it to a woman to know how to HURT a feller! that looks like my ex-wife's shooting!:haha:

It's always good to get 'em started young. She did real good! I'm glad she liked it and is interested in keeping on.

Nice job Paul! I truly treasure all of the time that I've spent with my Son shooting at the various clubs that we belong to. Thanks for reminding me of all of those good times, and here's hoping that you & her will have a life-long friendship at the range! :thumbsup:

Dave

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I hope to get her back to the range real soon... along with my other three kids!!

She's got natural talent!You may have an Olympic shooter on your hands someday!It's very good that you are passing on the shooting heritage to your daughter.Well done.Best regards,J.A.

There isn't much that will beat quality time at the range with the kids. Taking them to a week long rondezvous ranks right up there too.

Back