• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track Of The Wolf Service

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john s mosby

45 Cal.
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I ordered some small stuff from TOTW, included in the order was a Hot Shot Nipple. When the order arrived I looked at the nipple and saw the threads were all messed up, missing chunks of the threads. So I e mailed them about the problem. They e mailed back the next day saying they would send me another nipple, refund my money or credit me on my next order. All of this without seeing the nipple, I offered to mail it back but at only $4.95 it wasn't really worth it. They even followed up by sending a letter by regular mail.
Pretty decent service by any standard.

I have nothing but good things to say about TOTW.
They never hesitate to take care of the customer, even if it means sending new merchandise without asking for a return on the flawed.
Great company.

Huntin

I have only had one such item from them, and it was "corrected" with a single phone call, I didn't return the product either, they said it was not necessary.

I have been dealing with them since sometime in the 1990's, and it is one of those company's you don't hear a lot of "bad things" about. It's good to hear others feel the same.

Russ

Have dealt with Track of the Wolf occasionally for stuff I can't get locally and have been a customer of theirs for I don't know how long. In the last three years this included a Green Mountain RB barrel purchase and last year a very complicated tang-sight transaction (in which ALL the complications were either my own ignorance or problems inflicted by unannounced Thompson/Center design changes). The TOTW people were superbly helpful -- far beyond what anybody might reasonable expect from even the best retailers -- and because of their near-infinite patience the problem was very satisfactorily solved. I have nothing but good things to say about them -- they are in fact far and away the most knowledgeable, caring and responsive muzzle-loader supply dealers I have ever encountered anywhere, not only far beyond the norm but so truly outstanding they are in a class all their own. Save for products I can buy locally or material TOTW doesn't stock, I will give them all my ML business from now on, and I have no hesitation urging everyone who reads this thread to do likewise.

Might be just a little off topic. but i had about the same
thing happen to me with an order from Log CAbin Shop .
Ordered a 4-5 1/2" ramrods , when i got them they had shipped me 7/16" rods instead. I called them up and told them about the mistake,and said i would ship the 7/16 rods back . They told me not to worry about shipping them back , to just keep them, and they would ship out the 1/2" rods that day . Got my correct rods in a couple days.
Joe.
Oh yeah !! i also buy quite a bit from TOW and have always been completely satisfied with their service also .

I've had pretty good luck with Track except for backorders. Currently I'm still waiting for a book on hornmaking I ordered several weeks ago. Maybe I should contact them and check on it tommorrow.

Flatlander

Flatlander, If it's the new one, It's not due out till April 7th. It will start shipping the second week in April, for free if you pre-ordered, which I assume you did. Bill

A few years back, the lock on my Tulle failed just before deer season. Made a quick call to TOTW and they mailed out a replacement tumbler immediately. Was able to get it fit and operating in time for the opening day. TOTW continues to be first rate in my book.

Thanks, Bill. I musta missed that part about when it would ship. Great, now I don't have ta worry about the order. Hope these old hands can do some of the tasks to make a decent horn, I need one.

Flatlander

Latest posts

Back