• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "humps" are a bit frustrating. I do the same as above, using a Dremel tool and small diamond wheel. It works. But I shouldn't have to do this if ordering flints for gun use. One advantage TOTW has with their English flints is that they have some small and square sizes that don't seem to be available elsewhere.
From now on, I'll order a dozen - by the each -and pay the extra for hand select. Good to know this option.

Rick

Bought these in the past. Mixed sizes and may have been used already. Bought early at a lower price than $50.
Same here, none of mine looked used though, it's been probably 3-4 years ago I bought them and still using them. Biggest problem I had was finding smaller ones to use in rifles and pistols as most were musket size. Wouldn't be hard though to knap them down. I liked the amber ones the best, but unfortunately, they were fewer. I think I paid somewhere around $20 at the time.

True. By the way, does anyone know a good source to obtain that really soft, thin leather ? Thanks.

Rick
Rick, if it's for flint wrapping - my local hardware store sells Fourney? (the welding supply co) 'driving gloves' in cowhide and pigskin. I go thru 3-4 pairs a year in the farm, picking rocks. Finger tips wear out. Use the thicker palms for shooting bag knick knacks, and thinner backs for wraps.
If bulk leather, one of the leather workers on this forum posted a link to a site that had an amazing selection of quality leathers. I'll see if I can find the link.

I have not had good luck with TOTW in several years. Even though i have asked for no humps on my flints. I always have twice as many as the flats. I no longer buy flints from them.

I have not had good luck with TOTW in several years. Even though i have asked for no humps on my flints. I always have twice as many as the flats. I no longer buy flints from them.
Probably do the same. Thin out some I have already, and go looking elsewhere.

I always order 11 flints from TOTW and request "no humpbacks" and always get flat flints. The 12 packs are prepacked and not able to hand sort.

Back