• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADING TRADE BLANKET

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, like i said, all i go for is to see what is for sale. The reason i got back on wasn't because i missed being on the sight. I just wanted to see if anyone there was smart enough to realize i was back. So far i guess not. And that has been about 2 years now.

I have never joined that site, tho I do read it most everyday (most days nothing worth reading anyway). Today Riley copied and pasted a post from the TMA site concerning traditional hunting seasons. He got this reply:

"It would be deeply appreciated if you did not refer on the Hide to any other similar web sites. It is suggested that you e-mail this information to interested parties. Thanks"

I had to LMAO at that. They are afraid that the mere mention of another site will be too much competition? :crackup: Glad I never bothered to join that one.

I visit TMMH and MLML pretty regularly. Been a member of both for over 6 years. I enjoy any ML resource and do anything that I can to support them as they are pretty useful in bringing new shooters to our sport. They also provide a service to those people who are seeking assistance with ML topics. I also learn quite a bit and enjoy the company of good people -- much as I find here. I do anything that I can to promote ML shooting.

I have disagreed on the Hide with Carl at times, but I never approached it with a rough edge. I treated him as I would if I were a guest in his home, because the Hide is his property. It may seem odd, but Carl has designated someone who argued with him vigorously to succeed him on the Hide if anything should happen to him.

It takes an unusual personality type to want to run such a resource. After spending time, talent and treasure on such a resource, there is a desire to see the resource be successful, productive and handled in a particular manner. It is not always a democracy. It is owned by one man and his desires should be respected. He may ask your opinion, but in the end, it is his call. Note the modern section here. Not a complaint, but it was a command decision made by the commander. I salute and move on.

Carl now limits posting to a smaller number after getting bombarded by some antihunting activists. He also was plagued by some trouble makers and developed a hard attitude in some areas. Some think too har, but it is his bat, his ball and his field...

MLML also had problems with spammers, miners and people who could not follow simple rules. I was chided for some errors when I was wrong and quickly learned. A bit of humility bought me some slack.

Thanks to Claude, TOF and Carl for the massive investment on many levels that they give to provide all of us with opportunities to converse, learn and BS together. I will stand behind all of these good people who work so hard to give so much to us.

YMHS,
CrackStock

yea you have to follow his rules to the "T" . :master:
If ya fill out his request to join wrong your out.
I watched some fells shoot elephant powder. Reminded me of throwing burning charcoal briquettes.
Al the little fuzzies flying off of em.

I was with Carl from the beginning when he split from the MLML to start a "Traditional" site.... I left as I felt the definition of traditional was being badly butchered in order to keep a larger member base... I felt at one time the site held a lot of potential.

Elephant powder... Yikes!

I thought kik was a bit inconsistant, then i shot a bit of elephant.

Goex is king here. ::

I almost gave up on trying to learn to shoot flintlocks because of Elephant. When i bought my first flinter i bought aome Elephant powder. Had nothing but hangfires and misfires, and LOTS of fouling. Hard, crusty fouling. Sold the gun figuring flinters were just to tempermental. But the bug had already bit, so i bought another flinter and tried again. Same thing. I finally bought some Goex and what a difference. Like night and day.

If you like Goex, treat yourself to some Swiss or Schuetzen. Expensive, but Fantastic Stuff!

I got to try all four powders during the Vermont Renaissance Festival.

Elephant, dirty, greasy, nasty stuff. Got stuck with two cans of it. Glad they shut down the business.

Goex, good dependable, clean burning.

But the Swiss and the German stuff, WOW! What a difference!

Just :m2c: :results:

Yea,i know the Swiss is spendy, but the Scheutzin is not that much more than Goex. I hope to be able to try some of it some time.

Guys, lets not get into site bashing. Each site contributes in its own way to the hobby. Carl does accept new members but does so at his convenience.

BTW, I bought my Kodiak from OregonBill (also a member here) through that site.

Back