• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions .32 Deerhunter Kit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luieb45

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has done one of these or used this rifle because I was thinking of getting a kit gun to do over the winter and was preferably wanting a squirrel rifle. I saw this on the possible shop and it was a good price unlike the crocket rifle kit which was much more expensive. And what I also like about this kit is that it comes with steel sights and no holes for scope mounts.

If you are going to invest the time even at your young age how about spending the money on one you would be happy to keep for a lifetime and look at Pecatonica River Muzzleloaders kits they are located near Rockford IL.

Aren't those kits very difficult. I forgot to mention this is my first kit so I wanted a beginner level kit gun.

I built one of those in a .50 cal and it's a nice shooter. They are an easy kit so if you feel any trepidation at all it would be a good choice for a first time effort. You will not need all winter to build it though. Even for a first timer you can probably have it finished in two weeks if you have an hour or two a day.

I am fifteen as well, and my first muzzleloader was a Traditions .32 Deerhunter and I love that little gun. It is very much worth your time to own, mine shoots great and has less recoil than a .22. I Just recently completed a CVA .54 cal hawken and that was my first kit, and once you get that first one under your belt then at least for me I dont wanna buy a regular gun anymore. I WANNA MAKE EM!

On that .32 what were the sights on it? The description on the sight I found it on says iron sights on .32 and .45 and fiber optic on the .50 and .54

well the traditions kits are ok to biuld. the instuction booket is less then desirable thuogh! for a first timer I would go with a lyman kit. very nice shooter and easy to build. and it comes with very good instructions to biuld it. but if your set on the .32 ok I would have some one with nolige on building a kit help you or on any kit gun for that. I didn't know they made the crokett in a kit gun. there a great little gun and fun to shoot.

If you want to do this kit, go for it! You are starting young enough you can make many guns in your lifetime. Everybody has to walk before they can run. The mistake is not learning from your experiences.

Yeah go for it have fun. I built a plains pistol with my teenager it is his favorite gun to shoot. Not to talk you out of it but there are kits out there that for a little more money you will have a better quality kit. I own a traditions and like it well enough they are better than they were 10 years ago.

The more I think about this I think I'd be better off looking for a bargain on a new deer hunter .32 or a good deal on a new traditions .32 crockett rifle because to me I think I want a squirrel/rabbit rifle more than to do a kit.

I resolved to purchasing IBS barrels in 32 cal & 62cal smoothbore from green mountain barrel for my 1" hawkens and renegades so I could swap out barrels I have since picked up bargain tc guns as I find them over the years to put them on. They sort of pop up like deer in the timber when you least expect them or are ready to harvest them. The trick I use is to have a spare 100.00 or 200.00 around and hide it in your gun safe then they pop up and you get them

My gun has the fiber optic sights, but I ordered my gun at least 3 years ago, so i dont know if anything has changed but when I ordered it the only option was fiber optic sights. I love my little .32 though and its a great shooter

I think for now thats a better way to go.this way you have a gun to use while you save money to build a nice custom gun for your self. I have both a deerhunter32 and a crockett rifle and there both awsome.because I have them I can take my time building a nice "work of art". I think people screw up a potntialy nice gun by getting in a huur because they "need" a gun to shoot

Latest posts

Back