• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

traditions crockett rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlangenh

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I noticed that a lot of web sites are out of stock on the crockett rifle and I was wondering if this model has been discontinued? Does anyone know if the crockett has a hooked breech or is the tang held to the stock by a screw?

I know the 2 i had were not hooked breech, even though they were advertized as such. Don't know if they have been discontinued. Hope not, as they are a really good shooting little rifle.

I bought my crockett the same year they were introduced. I purchased the crockett pistol about a month ago. The lock on the pistol is of a differet design but the most notible difference was the finish of the metal work between the two. On my rifle the metal has been polished to a mirror finish resulting in a beautiful blue black luster, not so with the pistol. Are recent production crockett rifles finished as well as the early examples?

I see Dixie Gun Works is puttin their Pedersoli Kentucky .32s on sale for $375. I'd imagine they are closin' out. Better hurry! :thumbsup:

I just ordered one for a friend, I'll let you know how it looks and since he just had some surgery I'll get to do the initial shooting. Let you know how that goes as well.

My Crockett right out of the box

shot exactly 1" high & exactly centered

load: 20 gr fff Swiss

.311 rb .018 oxyoke lubed patches

3 months later

3/4 inch groups , 1 in high @ 25yds

Oh Yea,
So far 14 head shot squirrels

Best investment I ever made :m2c:

Back