• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

traditions kentucky rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjco07

32 Cal.
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if this rifles two peice stock has ever been used pre 1840?

If the question is whether this gun is a replica of any kind of original gun the answer is no, it is a generic ML vaguely resmbling the basic idea of a longrifle.

Like tg said, they are not period correct (pc). I have heard they are pretty good shooters, though. By the way, welcome aboard :hatsoff: .

The two piece stock was done as a cost saving measure by Traditions, while still keeping the lines and feel of the original. It's not period correct, but makes for a fun gun with period feel.

Plink said:
The two piece stock was done as a cost saving measure by Traditions, while still keeping the lines and feel of the original. It's not period correct, but makes for a fun gun with period feel.

Sorry Plink, the Traditions rifles don't even come close to the look or feel of an original.

Check the photos of original and quality contemporary rifles at this site, then compare them to the traditions.
[url] http://www.americanhistoricservices.com/html/adam_haymaker.html[/url]

In addition, IMHO, the lock on traditions guns are a POS, as indicated by the ton of replacement locks L&R sells for them.
J.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
J.D. I tend to agree with you on both counts. It's just their way of offering an affordable fullstock. I've never fired one of their flinters, but I've seen a lot of complaints posted about them.

Two piece stocks were around back then. Check out Joe Meek's Sally. As for the Traditions Kentucky, it does not look like anything produced back then. They are nice shooters and have the basic lines but it is not a rifle one would think of as an authentically styled piece.

Latest posts

Back