• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Shenendoha

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt B

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Sorry if I butchered the spelling on the model... :grin:

I've noticed this model in the catalogs has a set trigger, or two triggers. Mine has a single trigger. Just wondered who has this model and if you have one or two triggers on it. :confused:

Thanks.

:v I have the Shenandoah in .36 calibre percussion--- and it has two (2) triggers :hatsoff:

Mines a 50 cal. I didn't put that in the first post. I love to shoot this rifle. It's pretty darn accurate as well. Thanks for replying and the correct spelling.

That's why I married an english teacher. :grin:

Ive got a 50 flintlock,it had 2 triggers.I cut the rear flush and adjusted the front to around 3# pull.Could not hardly get my finger in there with a glove on with out just about touching it off.I gots big fingers :haha:

Like Pasquenel I have a .36 cal. but mines in Flint and it too has double triggers. It shoots a lot better than I can and about two years old. How old is yours?

Mine is three years old. It was brand new out of the box. It seems like the trigger needs to be tightened some times, but I like the gun. It was my upgrade from my CVA hawken. I still like shooting that one as well.

How does the .36cal Shenendoah shoot for you guys? I have been wanting a .36 rifle for a while now, something to fill the gap between my .32 and .45.

Never found one I can hold or look at, so also want to know how the barrel comes off for cleanup?

I know the Crockett rifles have a tang screw thats actually threaded into the trigger guard instead of the wood stock, does the Shenendoah use this same method or is it a hooked breech barrel?

Thanks

Regulis7

I found that the Shenandoah shot quite nicely out of the box---I haven't spent a lot of time developing a "load" as it were---but 35 gr. of Swiss fffg & a bore cut patch---gave me as much accuracy I could ever want. I had to tap the rear sight to the left to bring the gun into centre with a 6 o'clock hold. As far as barrel disassembly---I don't think I would attempt that as it seems that the barrel pins are in back of inlayed brass covers. :hatsoff:

The barrel attachment is like most long rifles, screw through the tang into the trigger plate and two pins through the forstock.

Back