• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey u :)

View attachment 237124

My two Traditiions guns. A Crockett rifle and pistol! Love them! Some aren’t fans but I think they’re a good BANG for the buck. Love them!!

Anyone else like Traditions?
You will get some critics ... but I have about 12 ... I also have some 'expensive' guns. I love my CVA/Traditions. Most shoot as well as my $2K machines. Love 'em all. Dale

Never knock another's choice in guns, if not your cup of tea just say nice gun and be done with it.
Agree. Or just don't say anything at all. A lot of people just can't seem to get the idea of polite disagreement. Have to get nasty. This forum is for people to show off their black powder firearms. If you ask for an opinion about what you are showing you have to accept the good with the bad but the people with a negative response should be polite about it.

Anyone else like Traditions?

Agree. Or just don't say anything at all. A lot of people just can't seem to get the idea of polite disagreement. Have to get nasty. This forum is for people to show off their black powder firearms. If you ask for an opinion about what you are showing you have to accept the good with the bad but the people with a negative response should be polite about it.

Was he knocking his choice? Seems more like it was a direct response to the OP

Was he knocking his choice? Seems more like it was a direct response to the OP
Did not name anyone in this thread in particular but there was a snarky comment to start with. And it was snarky to be sure. If you can't be nice in your response then don't respond. The OP showed a nice pistol and rifle and asked who else liked them. Not who doesn't like them.

Last edited:
The OP showed a nice pistol and rifle and asked who else liked them. Not who doesn't like them.

I agree with that statement but nevertheless his question invited the full range of answers he got.

If I ask " would you like some vanilla or chocolate ice cream" it explicitly invites one of two answers. If I ask "do you like vanilla ice cream" it explicitly invites a yes or no response.

However, both questions will result in answers beyond those invited across a broad range from vanilla or chocolate or yes or no. Some will wax poetic a out their likes or dislikes.

It was perfectly predictable how this topic would go at the very first reading of the OP. Discussion will happen without limits with some expressing likes and some dislikes and, alas, some will express their dislike of how some stated their opinion.

It's the Muzzleloading forum! 😀

At least I’m honest and consistent and try to avoid name calling. Please explain the following quote of yours about Pedersolis from another thread.
#1 its my rifle, #2 its a pia #3 wish i knew before i bought it so i would not have wasted my money. #4 Pedersoli Scouts suck ! So what is your complaint ? Maybe i should put a red dot on it as the issued sights are the pits!

N another thing a person can like or dislike any of the ML's built. Its not good manners to say unkind words. You no like go to one you like. So pile on as i really don't care, i getting a bit of age n wear big boy pants !

#1 its my rifle, #2 its a pia #3 wish i knew before i bought it so i would not have wasted my money. #4 Pedersoli Scouts suck ! So what is your complaint ? Maybe i should put a red dot on it as the issued sights are the pits!
Really? The Pedersoli Dixie Cub and Pedersoli Scout (basically the same rifle) are extremely popular informal target rifles and they make fine hunting carbines. I watched you bash Pedersoli over your Scout for a while now. You either got a lemon or how should I put this politely........let's just say the rifle isn't for you.

I've got an older perc. Scout in .45 and a newer flint Scout in .32. Both are fine production rifles that give no issues. A lot of firearms have a patent, or some form of it, breech. Nothing wrong with them. They need cleaned, not ignored.

Let's see....Spend 400 and hit the bullseye or spend 1,400 and hit the bullseye.

I'll take.....Spend 400 and hit the bullseye for $1,000.00, Alex.

Dead Bambi is dead Bambi.

And that cool thou left in your pocket goes a long way toward powder and ball.

With some left over to buy donuts to give to the tire shop guys for buckets of wheel weights.

I got the paint ideas on the bottom one from the April edition of Martha Stewart Muzzleloading. Actually, from Clay Smith's work.
My first Traditions costed $99 at Walmart. It paid for itself with the first buck it dropped. Still looks almost new and shoots great. That was in the nineties.

Let's see....Spend 400 and hit the bullseye or spend 1,400 and hit the bullseye.

I'll take.....Spend 400 and hit the bullseye for $1,000.00, Alex.

Dead Bambi is dead Bambi.

And that cool thou left in your pocket goes a long way toward powder and ball.

With some left over to buy donuts to give to the tire shop guys for buckets of wheel weights.

I got the paint ideas on the bottom one from the April edition of Martha Stewart Muzzleloading. Actually, from Clay Smith's work.
By the way, I love the one on the bottom. Nicely done.

Back