• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tree Rats with my Crockett Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

36 Cal.
Reaction score
After spending most of Saturday sitting in a tree watching squirrels and turkeys, and swatting skeeters, I decided to go after them fuzzy-tailed little rascals this morning. I took Lil' Bit 9my Crockett .32) and hit the woods at daylight. Connected on my first shot, missed one, hit again, missed two more...ended up with 3 hits and 4 misses. I DID find some good deer sign, so BRING ON THE ML SEASON!!!

Nothin' beats a good squirrel hunt. :thumbsup:

I miss my Crockett... sold it to pay for a new .32 barrel for my GPR. It don't shoot no better. Just weighs more and wasn't worth the trouble.
Next year I'll be shootin' at 'em with a Roy Stroh built semi-custom .36 flinter. :) Can't hardly wait.

I miss my little .32 Pedersoli Frontier. Nice little flintlock, don't know why I sold it.

These days the boy and I been chasing squirrels with smoothbores - a Jackie Brown and a TVM. We also use T/C .56 smoothbores sometimes, I guess there ain't no bad way to hunt small game with muzzleloaders.
:hatsoff:
Spot

rem700 said:
Where did you come by the small bore barrel for the GPR?

Thanks

Track of the Wolf sells a Green Mountain .32 28" IBS barrel for the T/C. For extra $ they will do the mods to make it fit a GPR.
When I got mine there was a heli-coil in the nipple hole so I had to send it back to Green Mt. for a new breech plug. Took months to get it back.
It is a nice barrel, just wasn't really worth the price and the months of waiting... and I still had the itch for a small bore flinter.
About 6 more months of waiting and I'll have that. Wanna buy a hardly used GPR barrel? PT me. I gotta pay for that flinter somehow.:grin:

Grats on your hunt :thumbsup:
I`ve been trying too do the same but haven`t made it yet. :redface:

Tomorrow I'm taking my .32 Pedersoli out for squirrels.Allready got a deer yesterday,now it's time for fun hunting. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back