• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trekker's Cup

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a couple of those from CC among other things for prizes to give away at a rendezvous. I was disappointed with the light weight construction and overall quality. Not the first disappointment I've had with CC goods. I'm the thrifty type but I've learned the hard way that sometimes I get exactly what I've paid for.

I have seen several metal products from CC i am not impressed, you get what you pay for, they are not durable at all, and will likley have broken and leaking seams when you get it. I would buy the ones from Jas Townsend, i have been using mine from them for 20 years, they dont have a lid so i made my own.

I have one from Backwoods tin. Mine is a copper mug with a top. The neat thing about it, is that it is insulated. It is two layers with an insulation between. Keeps them drinks cool.

He has both insulated and not. http://www.backwoodstin.com/

wb

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy the ones from Jas Townsend, i have been using mine from them for 20 years, they dont have a lid so i made my own.
Beware of Townsend's cups now too. Their catalog mentions that they seal the seams with plastic. Not something you want to heat by the fire. When buying tinware, the best recommendation that I can make is buy items that specifically state that they have soldered joints and hot dipped tinning. Many ventors are selling some real thin tinplate stuff that just doesn't hold up well.

My wife got me one of the copper hudson bay kettles(the big one) and I swear you could park a car on it.Heavy duty.
Ive dealt with the crow for many years and always liked what i got.

Do yourself a favor. Alls anyone needs is a good camp kettle[sheetiron not cast] and one of those $1 or $2 dollor tin cups. You know the small ones. Everything else is dead weight. Oh and watch out when drinking hot coffee or tea from them. Don't ask how I know.

I like the cup; I have a big cup just like it that I have used for years. I have cooked coffee, stew, soups, and just boil water in it. I like this one because it has a lid and this will keep ash and bugs out of the pot, and it will allow the boiling time to be quicker. :v

Back