• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tried to order Dutch's system

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason Canadians can't seem to order because their addressing system does not have the same zip code system we have. Hell, even the French have no trouble with it just the Canadians and apparently South Central Iowans.
Alors!

Dutch

Yep, as Stumpkiller said, send him a Private Message via this forum. Be sure to use large type because Dutch is almost blind and he has to use a magnifying glass to read stuff on the computer. No joke, he really does need very large type in order to see it.

Cynthialee said:
I am getting there slowly myself. I got my screen set to 150% and I suspect in a few more years I'll have it up to 175%

Mine is set at 180% now and that is with trifocal glasses.

William Alexander

:redface: I hav stopped complianing about my eyes as of this posting,

I am lucky to see as well as I do, though I do need bifocals (but dont wear em much)

OK, fine, so it wasn't your web site Dutch. Turns out that you really do have to enter the expiration date of your card. So now you guys have a green light to flame on for the next 12 hours with no fear of reprisal on my part.

Dutch, I'm looking forward to using your knowledge on my soon to arrive iron mounted Pennsylvania rifle.

I didn't know you had figured my confusing System for ordering to completion but I sent the whole 9 yards your way at midnight yesterday.
All this modern up to date wizardry is a miracle to a person who predated the dial phone but it can also be a pain in the lower lumbar area.
Let know how you do.

Dutch

Roger, I have no problem with your Scot heritage. I breakfast every saturday with some people including a Natural born Glaswegian who is currently in the old country getting his accent renewed.

Good people , Famous for inventing the deep fried Snickers Bar.

Dutch

Dutch, don't over look my own invention and personal favorite, deep fried haggis fried in boiling mutton tallow. Won't be long before it replaces Mc's burger and fries.

Thank you Sir. I will pass on the information to the youngest shooter I can find. Best way I know to keep our passion alive.

Been using Dutchs system for the past few weeks and it's working great for me 😎.
Went from regular misfires and shots wildly off target. Now I have had close to 100 shots and no misfires 😎
Stopped using the Hornady round balls and the only shots that are off target are down to me not the balls 😜

Thanks Dutch 🤗

Ironic, today I was just reviewing some of the information Dutch sent me previously. I say some, because it's quite a bit both from what you get in the mail to what you can download. You can't commit it all to memory in one day anyway.

No , you can't absorb it all at one reading. There's about 5 years of experimentation there
Assuming a person is already using patched round balls ang getting bad results I woulf like him to begin by concentrating on the thickness, using only the compressed measurement and getting that right, usually tighter fitting then move on to lubrication..
all the rest is peripheral. It's all important but the patch thickness is key.

Ultimately you'll know where the ball is going to land before you fire, not where you HOPE it will land.

Before too long you'll find yourself coaching people who aren't doing as well.
That's what happened to me.

Dutch Schoultz

It just occurred to me that perhaps I went at eliminating flyer the wrong way.
I should have approached the problem from the other end.

To prevent off balance balls spinning off course we should only try solid balls.
How can you tell if a lead ball is solid without cutting hit up and searching for air bubbles or crusty inclusions of soft light material.

The only way I know is to weigh them.
Not to be too persnickety about, I feel we can allow some variance of one grain of weight. One seven thousandths of a pound. Thus allowing all lead balls that come within one grain in weight of the heaviest ball in the batch.

Dutch Schoultz

Perhaps my theory is a tad easier to understand expressed this way

I just added an additional page to the ebook. I deals with my relatively waterless cleaning method which Had assumed was in the original bok. It also touches on another look at Flyers (Fliers) big and small and also another way of learning about lead balls.

The description of my cleaning method listed on my web site is more complete because I could see whenI wrote that.

Them as want an up date should send me an email at

[email protected]

And Ill squirt one out to you

Peace and stuff

Dutch Schoultz

Dutch, been gone for a spell. Update on the problematic TVM. Groups were showing improvement to the point that now that I'm home, I'm going to start more serious work at 100 yards.

Things are looking up. If I knew how to post pictures now that Photo Bucket has screwed so many of us, I surly would. Only I don't.

Back