• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trigger Adjustment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, where did I disagree this this???? I don't think I have ever found something to disagree with Wick about lock-tuning.

My comment about stance relates to one of a dozen items needed to be a good off-hand shooter, that don't involve anything to do with the mechanics of the gun. :shocked2: :idunno: :surrender: :thumbsup:

My early training as a tracker simply has given me the discipline to look at(perceive), and see(understand) the significance of, very small items that others often overlook. It drives me nuts at times, and about as often as it irritates my friends when I seem to get "distracted" from a chain of thought, only to find me examining a piece of minutia- usually on the ground.

I once sat with a friend behind a Trap range as squads of shooters took their positions on the line. I would tell him the probability of the shooter hitting the clay target based solely on watching the shooter's foot placement, and the angle the target was thrown. I was way above the odds of a coin toss, and he began to laugh after awhile. :shocked2: :redface: :surrender: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

0321jarhead said:
Where are we coming up with "How to place feet, ect. ?" Totally off the subject. :eek:ff

Well said and makes my point.

Now back to your trigger pull. The GPR is a good gun with a weak point, the trigger is long and scratchy. They can be tuned up a bit by disassembling and stoning the sear to reduce the scratchy part. The adjustment screw is too short to get meaningful adjustment of pull. Two ways to fix that. One is to find a longer screw, cut it to length and install it so that you can't over adjust it for safety. Second option is:

Remove the complete assembly from the gun. Remove the adjustment screw. Being very careful and using a drill press with a stop you can drill the screw hole deeper about half the thickness of the screw head with a drill bit the same or slightly larger than the screw head. Now you can run the adjustment screw another half turn + - deeper and take up some of the length of throw. Again, be very careful or you can screw up the whole thing.

The whole topic of trigger jobs explained on an internet forum is frought with liabillity. One false move and it's curtains for the poster (a professional like me) so please be careful and use common sense.

:patriot:

Thank you laffindog for the info. I just got back from a trail shoot and am going to be cleaning my rifle. I know that I will find the correct thread size with all the B.S. I have collected over the years. I thought the same thing as using a longer screw and cutting down a little at a time so it can have it's limits when it comes to trigger travel distance. Your second option is interesting but, first I will try number one option and go from there. Number one sounds alot more reasonable. And thank you for keeping this thread back on track. My feet are firmly placed when it comes to staying on track. Especially when it comes to a topic of discussion...HINT, HINT...LOL!! Thanks :wink:

Latest posts

Back