• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

True gunslinger weapon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If yer gonna shoot the snot out of 'er, quick drawin' and such, I'd go with the remmie '58 police in .36 with a 6.5 inch barrel.
These are nifty guns. and you talk about handy? yessir.
I'd stick with the 58 for hard use. The Colt open tops, as recreated by the Italians, aren't much for tough (parts breakage is fairly common).
Her's ya a link... Link to Remmie .36 police

Gonna stick my .02 in. A Remington with a 5 or 5 1/2 inch barrel will be quicker to draw than the long ones. One of the Colt copies that uses cartridges in a 4 3/4 "barrel would be better. In the only pic of Billy Bonney he's wearing what appears to be a Colt Thunderer. He was left handed by the way, the pic of him is a reverse image. On the Remmy copies the grip is a tad closer to the trigger guard than the originals. My knuckles touch the guard on the copies but I can't make'm touch on an original.

I have had a remmy in the past, and now have a '60 with a 5-5 1/2" tube on it. Like the way both handle, but the remmy was defintely faster and more accurate for me. Next time i'm looking for a revolver, it will definitely be a remmy. Even with that 8" barrel, it was faster that the 'colt for me. Havent handled a '51 enough to be able to comment about them much, but a friends did feel real nice and pointed like a finger. Like has been said above, if possible, handle several, and see which feels best to you. That will probably be the best one anyways. I know it isnt PC, but stainless steel can be a blessing, so if you like it, go for that also.
Paul

Latest posts

Back