• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trying to Find Single Barrel Percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash Pan Dan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a friend that had an old single barrel percussion shotgun and I’d like to find him one as a gift. Does anyone have an idea where I might look? I’m looking for a purpose built wing shooting gun not a converted rifle.

Nice single at Track of the Wolf right now.
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/cate...catId=12&subId=78&styleId=266&partNum=AAI-463

aai-463_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan,
Mike gave you the best advice. I recently picked up a very nice single barrel "Americn" percussion fowler at a show for $150. It has a converted flint lock on it. I also picked up a great "W. Richards" 16 ga double for $250. This one has 36" barrels. They are out there, you just have to look.
Mark

I've got a W Chance 14 gauge double and it's really quite good quality. If you can swing it I think Stumpkiller came up with a nice one, albeit more than you probably want to spend.

I'm in the process of building one based on a T/C renegade stock. I'm presently researching barrel/tang options.

Papa, you made a good score! How come all the gunshows that show up here in western MA have absolutely NO bargains?

But Year after year, or Spring/Winter after Spring/Winter I still go to them expecting something different.

I'm getting sick of being stupid!

Marc,
It's not a matter of being stupid, it takes persistence. I go to a lot of shows that don't produce anything and then one comes along with some good stuff. It's like the old saying; if you throw enough s*%t on the wall, some of it will stick. Stay with it, things will turn up.
Mark

Friends, I am most appreciative of your help and I have decided to have one built for him. His was unusual in that it looked somewhat like the one at TOW, that Stumpkiller so kindly linked to, but was an 18 gauge. I found some pictures of him with it and now I need to find a builder who will put one together for me. For convenience I think I will have it built in 20 gauge.

Latest posts

Back