• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tulle Kit has arrived.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got the Tulle kit on the 8th of may.
This is my first attempt at a gun kit so bare with me.
Trying to go slow to minimize mistakes.
tvllepics001.jpg
tvllepics002.jpg

tvllepics003.jpg
tvllepics011.jpg
tvllepics014.jpg

That Kit looks fantastic!!! I can't wait to see the rest of the completion. :thumbsup:

All I have is Lyman GPR kit that I just started...nothing fancy like yours.

Thanks Handy.
Scared to death Im going to make a mistake.
Im just taking my time with it. Trying to have fun while doing it also.
Here are some more pics.
tvllepics010.jpg
tvllepics012.jpg
tvllepics016.jpg

Sweet! Good luck with the build. :thumbsup:
I'm waiting for my first kit to arrive. And I'm nervous too.

Looks great! I just got a Tulle kit myself, with steel hardware, from Sitting fox.

Question on your buttplate, most pictures I've seen or firearms I have handled use oval head screws in the buttplate. Any reason why you went with flat-head?

they sent flathead wood screws with the kit.
I just bought some brass screws. I might replace them.
Here are some more pics.
I saved my wood shavings and dust for repairs on future mistakes. And there has been a few.
Just started barrel browning also.
tvllepics021.jpg
tvllepics022.jpg
tvllepics023.jpg

Airborne,
Where did you get the kit from. The Tulle is one of the two that I am interested in making. I look forward to your updates. Eagerly.

82 airborne
Just a suggestion... don't use brass screws, they were never used in the 18th century and would look "funny". I would also recommend that you slightly dome the heads of your screws they will look better.
You are certainly off to a good start, and have the right idea about going slow to miniumize mistakes, most beginners get in a hurry.
Good job.

Regards, Dave

Thanks for the info.
Ill leave the screws the way they are.
Right now Im having trouble with the tang bolt.
It threads all the way down ok.
But the head doesnt lay completely flush on the tang.
Ill post a picture soon.
Im also having trouble getting the ramrod to go all the way through.

Hi Blacksburg.
I got the kit from TOTW.
My first kit also.
Ill post pics all the through the building process.
If there is any certain pics you want taken let me know.

I am interested in what influenced your choice to brown the barrel on this type of gun?

I don't have any demands for pictures that you didn't post -- you've done a good job.

The stock is cherry?

How much skill did you have before you started and what kind of prepartation did you do?

"Question on your buttplate, most pictures I've seen or firearms I have handled use oval head screws in the buttplate. Any reason why you went with flat-head?"

I believe the type of screws provided in this parts set are proper for the type of gun/time period.

I beveled the screw heads down flush just a little.
I thought browning might make it look more p/c.

The stock is walnut.
Im going to use cherry stain.
No prior gunbuilding experience.
I went to gun smith school while in the army.
I have basic woodworking skills.
Im a retired Staionary Engineer and Licensed Master Plumber. Spent a lot of time in a metal working shop. Thats about it.
For prepartion I purchased a 10 inch drill press from sears for about $120.00.
Then I purchased some basic wood carving tools.
File sets, dremel, etc.

I just noticed the double wedding band, did you get the 42" barrel kit or the 44" barrel kit?

"I thought browning might make it look more p/c"
originals of this type of gun were not browned, browning was a later period practice, some folks brown then remove to give a sort of aged look.

Back