• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey AGAIN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Now that I am back in Ontario I get to start turkey season all over again. We run until May 31 with a two bird limit.

This was one of Four Jakes that came to the call this afternoon.
I shot the lead Jake and then the other three decided he no longer looked that tough and they all ganged up on the bird I had just shot. Lots of guys get to see this but this was my first time to see birds pile on a shot bird.

Nice, but the unwritten rule is that you have to give the particulars on the Smoothie an what load your using, an how much did the bird weigh. More pics of the gun would be nice also. :thumbsup:

armakiller said:
Nice, but the unwritten rule is that you have to give the particulars on the Smoothie an what load your using, an how much did the bird weigh. More pics of the gun would be nice also. :thumbsup:

Armkiller,
I was having some difficulty getting the thread posted and your comment was before I could add some details. Other details can be seen on,"Kentucky Devil Bird" Post.

PJC

Spikebuck said:
Well done....again!

I've only seen other birds pile on in hunting videos. It amazes me that a huge shot can go off within a few yards and the other Tom's have "kill the competition" on their mind more than "save thyself!!!!"

I know exactly what you mean. The first thing that goes through your mind is,"What is wrong with these birds, are they crazy?"

One other time I had a hen spend some time pecking at my decoy and I thought that was cool. During that hunt. I had my brother with me that is from NewBrunswick and they do not have turkey there. So he was going to shoot his first bird. We had two Jakes in front of us and THREE JAKES BETWEEN US. He was wondering why is Pat was moving around so much(About 15 yards behind him) and I was thinking, SHOOT SHOOT as this whole thing is going to come apart at the seams any second. He did shoot and harvest a bird and then the whole area exploded with turkey's trying to get out of dodge.

Never a dull moment in the turkey woods.

Pat Cameron

Last edited by a moderator:
"Never a dull moment in the turkey woods."

I must be hunting in the wrong woods... :redface:

WOW!!! Your on a roll!..Hope it lasts! :thumbsup:
Had 2 close encounters this spring ..just could not close the deal.Looking forward to the fall season already.
Good luck !

Latest posts

Back